Begin by asking yourself some core questions:
- Do I want a relationship with God, or am I interested in exploring it as a possibility in answering the question “what is the meaning of life”?
- Do I want a church that is prepared to offer me authentic community, even if I show them the most broken, ugly, and rebellious places in my life?
- Do I need mentors to help me on my spiritual journey, and am I ready to follow them as they model Christianity to me?
- Am I deeply interested in God’s perspective on how to live life?
- If I assume he exists, is there a good chance that he has some positive recommendations on how to live within the reality he designed?
- Do I want to believe that Christianity is a Party, and not a somber funeral procession of zombies living in a religious coma?
- Do I enjoy creativity in literature, art, drama, food, music, and storytelling?
- Do I hunger to be deeply loved unconditionally by a community of patient and courageous friends who are seeking to bring out the very best in me?
- Do I want to sit in somebody’s home, eat dinner, watch a movie like Dogma, talk about how God is trying to have a relationship with me, share vulnerabilities, laugh and pray together, and go home feeling alive, loved, and inspired?
If this is where you are you’ll probably fit into our family.